CFA Society Switzerland, a local member society of CFA Institute, is the largest professional body of investment professionals in Switzerland. Founded in 1996 as a non-profit organization, with now more than 3400 CFA Charterholder members, it is the second-largest in EMEA and organized as a volunteer-based society.
CFA Society Switzerland’s objectives are to develop and deliver exceptional value and customer experiences to our members and stakeholders; grow and diversify revenue sources to support financial growth, independence, and stability; strengthen organizational structure; and shape the future of the industry and the profession by being a voice for high standards of professionalism and ethics in Switzerland. The society partners closely with CFA Institute as a leading Global Financial Center society to grow relevance and influence for our joint organizations and members in the Swiss investment industry.
CFA Society Switzerland is looking for a
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of CFA Society Switzerland
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO’s main tasks will be:
- Running CFA Society Switzerland operationally, supported by an Executive Office of 3-5 staff members and volunteers which are CFA Charterholders and organized by committees.
- Diversify business through innovation, further develop and expand product portfolio to diversify and grow revenue sources.
- Represent CFA Society Switzerland and its members externally at conferences, on panel discussions and in media; be the spokesperson of the society.
- Key stakeholder management to financial institutions, universities, regulators, other financial services industry associations and CFA Institute.
- Strengthen and expand brand recognition of CFA Institute and CFA Society Switzerland and their respective products and services.
- Initiate, develop, oversee and run activities that provide value to society members, such as continuing education, professional development programs and networking opportunities.
- Provide leadership and ensure teamwork in a volunteer-based setup: lead, motivate and develop the Executive Office staff. Motivate, coordinate and work collaboratively with society volunteers.
- Advocate for professional excellence, contribute to issuing position papers and overseeing consultations to shape the future of the industry. Gain more visibility among employers, regulators, politicians, and the general public.
- Build strong relationship and communications with President and Members of the Board of Directors. Support best practices in board governance, ensure robust reporting and information sharing to enable the Board to make strategic decisions in the best interest of the society and its members.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- Degree from a university or university of applied sciences. A CFA Charter or any industry relevant continuing education would be appreciated.
- Knowledge and experience in the financial services industry. Some familiarity with the financial regulatory environment would be appreciated.
- Excellent communication skills to a variety of internal and external stakeholders as well as an aptitude for collaboration and persuasion.
- Established network within the Swiss financial services industry or ability to build it up. Willingness to have strong relationships as well as to influence at various levels.
- Experience with CFA Institute and CFA Switzerland Society as well as volunteering for those two institutions are a strong plus.
- Ability to lead the Executive Office as well as manage diverse, remote and volunteer-based teams in a collaborative management style. Strong skills in organization and project management are important.
- Proficient in English, also for public speaking; Swiss local languages are appreciated.
The position is based on-site in Zürich where there is a central office in Kreis 8. Travel will be around 20%-25% of the time, mostly within Switzerland. Authorization to work in Switzerland is required.
Please submit your complete application, including motivation letter, salary expectations in CHF (fix/variable) and diploma/reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise confidentiality. Hiring authority is the Board of Directors of CFA Society Switzerland. Application Deadline: 31 March 2023.