Collaborative Women in Investment Management (WIM) Initiative
This collaboration is modeled after the CFA Institute Women In Investment (WIM) Initiative. CFA societies and FPA chapters around the country have joined efforts to further our shared goals of inclusion and diversity in capitalism.
This is a grassroots campaign:
· To empower female professionals across all facets of the finance industry
· To support the advancement and development of female leaders, as well as to celebrate their accomplishments
· To establish a broad-based community and share resources to promote our shared vision · To create demand for diversity
Despite immense progress towards diversity, the reality remains that there are still relatively few women in senior leadership roles and even fewer minority women. This means that women often lack the natural mentorship and sponsorship that tends to take place at the middle and senior levels, necessitating that they work harder to establish their own support network.
Women, as the minority in the finance industry globally (regardless of country and geography), are the universal diversifier.
We see the new world of virtual programming as an opportunity—to build a broader community that is geography-agnostic, to share resources and information for the ultimate benefit of our combined member base, and to create high quality programming that celebrates the accomplishments of fe- male leaders, while empowering each of our members in their personal career journey.
Our initial goal with this collaboration is:
· To create a unique program series that provides exceptional professional development guidance and showcases talented, accomplished female leaders in the finance industry;
· To co-market high quality programming of the participants of this collaboration, in the same vein · To offer valuable networking opportunities for our member base
Elevating and showcasing talented, accomplished women has a powerful impact on the diversity dialogue. To see that women from all backgrounds and cultures can and do succeed at the highest levels of finance can be both empowering to other female professionals and inspiring to those who come after us. We hope that this initiative will help to inspire young female professionals to shoot for the highest positions of leadership within their organizations.
Establishing a support network is critical to career success and perhaps more important than ever as many of us adjust to a virtual work environment. This collaboration will enable enhanced networking opportunities at all levels and facilitate the formation of a peer support system for members.
The collaboration has expanded to include 17 CFA Societies + 3 FPA Chapters across the country, with a combined member base exceeding 20'000 and growing.
Receive updates on the latest news and events!
Subscribe to our emails by selecting one of the following:
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn .